Posted in Finance, Government, India.
You can check your EPF (Employee provident fund) balance online here: Know Your EPF Balance. This service was launched on 1st July, 2011.
On 24th July, 2012, another website to check monthly balance is also launched by EPF department. The EPFO subscribers can get their statement of accounts online on this website: EPF Member Portal. In order to avail this facility, the active subscribers would have to register themselves on the EPFO portal by furnishing their account details. The facility to obtain e-passbook will be available only for active members of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) and would not be extended to those whose accounts are inoperative, settled or have negative balance.
- Please click on the above link to know the balance in your EPF Account upto the date.
- Select the EPFO office where your account is maintained and furnish your PF Account number.
- Leave the extension field blank, in case your account does not have one.
- You will be asked to enter your name and mobile number. The given mobile number will be recorded along with the PF Account Number.
- On successful submission of above information, the details will be sent through SMS to the given mobile number.
We tested this out and were little disappointed as balance was only shown upto 31-03-2009 for two of our accounts, for others it says ‘Invalid Member Id’.
Account balance SMS from PF department will have following structure:
EPF Balance in A/C No. OFFICE-CODE/OFFICE-SUB-CODE/EMPLOYER-ACC-NO//EMPLOYEE-ACC-NO is EE Amt: Rs XXX, ER Amt: Rs. YYY as on 30-06-11 (Accounts updated upto 31-03-2009)-EPFO
– July 1, 2011